Here are few things to keep in mind when you’re making your decision:
Choose Shade Sails:
- Shade sails do exactly what they say they do - create shade
- Shade sails can cover a far greater area than awnings as they do not require as much foundational support
- In terms of handiness, a shade sail can be easily taken down if you wish to take full advantage of the sun during winter
- The material for shade sails is often quite cheap, saving you money
- Awnings not only provide great protection from the sun and create shade, they are also useful in providing protection against light rain
- When it comes to shading small spaces like windows or small decks, awnings are a far better choice than shade sails
- Awnings can also be taken down if you want to, but you can only do this with retractable awnings
- If you live in a particularly windy area, retractable awnings are the go as they can be easily removed when the wind becomes too strong
- Though awnings may be more expensive, the fabric often outlasts that of cheaper, poorer quality shade sails
- Awnings come in a wide range of styles meaning they easily fit a wider range of styles of homes
There are plenty of reasons why you should choose a shade sail for your home, and there are just as many reasons for you to choose awnings for your Sydney home. It all comes down to three key areas: personal taste, how much money you’re willing to spend, and what it is exactly you want from your shading.
If you’re interested in outdoor awnings in Sydney visit Wizard Home Improvements or call 1300 920 788 today.
By Kevin Pobjie